9 subject line insider tips to get 50%+ open rates
When doing cold outreach as a b2b company, one of the most impactful metrics is open rate. 47% of recipients open an email based on the subject line alone (invespcro), so by optimizing it you’ll maximize your opens.
A lot of businesses are writing less than ideal subject lines due to common mistakes and lack of understanding of cold emailing tactics, so today I am sharing with you nine subject line insider tips that have helped us and our customers get open rates between 40% and 70% so that you can apply them to your campaigns as well.
Before we jump into the details, here’s the list of the tips for quick reference:
1. use appropriate length for subject lines
2. don’t use tricks or clickbait subject lines for higher opens
3. avoid spam words
4. use relevant numbers and symbols
5. A/B test different subject lines
6. subject line should be a preview of your message
7. include personalization beyond static placeholders
8 spell-check your subject line before sending
9 avoid requesting favors in the subject line
Note: all sources of statistics mentioned are listed at the bottom of the page.